Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Hope in sorrow even when the light burns out

17 Years Later I'm reminded

You lose Once, Twice, Three times and it goes on and on. That's life right?

No, it's life changing...

June 22 1994 I lost My Best Friend, My Spiritual Mentor, My First Love and Husband. I was 23 he was 31. It's like having the air knocked out of you and never knowing when you finally took your first breath.... "I Walked though life totally numb for 14 long years..."

Then another devastating blow. August 26, 2005... When I lost my Dad. It turned my life upside down. Because for the first time since that first loss I saw what I thought was a light at the end of that very dark tunnel. As I stood at the side of my Dads hospital bed my Dad with his last few breaths Spoke a Promise of life for me. He was saying, "I was worth it!" One other person was in the room with me that day as the waves of sorrow once again flooded my life. But this time, it didn't take 14 years to move on... I tried to keep my head up and hold strong to that light. Only to feel and see it slip away.
"But I still had a promise."

Hope in sorrow even when the light burns out

What I know is this:

When you love someone you are willing to die for: That's Great Love.
John 15:13 Greater Love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for a friend.

To you that knew Rod and the progression of stages that effected his life you then knew My Life could have been cut short also. But God, Spoke a Promise. (His ways are not our ways)
I never questioned why he protected me... Because "I Still Had His PROMISE."

What I know is this:


When you are loved by someone that did not have to love you: That's life changing

How well do you know me? Did you know that Danny was not my biological father. I was ten when I was told. (it was in the middle of the many heated battles I grew up listening to) But guess what? At 10 years of age I knew what it was to Love someone. As I grew up I understood not many people knew what it meant to be loved. You see, my Dad had a son three years older than me and a daughter one year older than me. (we share the same birth month) and then I came along...


He taught me how to swim, he was my soccer coach,he woke up every morning and went to work and although that means a lot to me, Nothing in life has impacted me more than realizing Danny Munoz Loved me as one of his own when he did not have to...

God, Thank you for helping me realize "
The Value of a Good Man..."

Tracey Feliciano-Munoz 10/27/69 - 8/26/05 Raised by Danny Munoz.
A Good Man
Tracey Fultz 12/15/90 - 6/22/94 Was Married to Rodney D. Fultz.
A Good Man

4 comments:

Natalie said...

Wow I was touched by your words when you spoke of "Dad" and of course Rod. But let me tell you that just yesterday I was telling my husband how much I miss my "Dad". So the man who loved you who didn't have to also loved me and we you and I somehow have a link when it comes to our Father. We loved him soo much and we still do even after all this time we think about him at the same time. Wow I do feel special to be loved by so many. Thank you for putting the light in my eyes sister.

Anonymous said...

This is so amazing what you did titi. It really touched me. I love you.
love always your nephew
Josh

taj said...

Your welcome.

My sister Natalie...Yes, we share a common thread, because of our Dad's Great Love for us! Some people live a lifetime looking for what we had... Love you Sister!

taj said...

My Nephew josh. I'm glad it still touches your heart. Your Uncle Rod and your Grandpa Danny Loved you very much. If anybody knows about a common thread...that would be you and Uncle Rod. Don't every forget how special you are...
Love Aunt Tracey